Friday, May 25, 2007

The package has been sent!

Well, our package for Josiah will be winging its way to China soon! Yesterday, I finally managed to get to the post office, and $40 dollars poorer, I left. YIKES. It should arrive next Tuesday in Wuhan. I can only hope he gets it. I sent Grace a photo album while we were waiting for her, and I never saw it again. I don't think her orphanage ever showed it to her at all. Josiah is in foster care, but the package is going to his "home" orphanage. The children come to the orphanage regularly for appointments or something, so hopefully he will receive his gifts. I sent a photo album, two board books, a Washington Nationals T shirt, a stuffed dog, fancy soap for his foster mom, a Yankee Candle for the orphanage director (a woman), a little metal notepad case and pen for his foster father, and a bouncy ball for his foster brother.

Hubei province does not allow foster parents to have any contact with adoptive families for some reason. I guess they aren't up to date on all the research that encourages such things. It is sad. I would so like to know something about the family that has had Josiah since he was three weeks old. The only thing I know is that he has a foster brother. I tucked our address into the package in some hidden areas, but I don't know if they will find it or know what it is if they do.

No comments: