Monday, August 13, 2007

Details, details...

16 days and counting!  My house is trashed, I haven't ordered homeschooling materials for the fall, I need to pack for China, I need to figure out how to use Skype to call home from China, I need to figure out how to post pics and text to my blog while in China, I need to write a master list of instructions for my poor in-laws (pray for them!) who are coming to watch the grandkids while we are gone...I think I may have a nervous breakdown.  I need a tetanus shot, antibiotics for Josiah, Marc and me, and who knows what else at this point.  Hopefully, no one will get sick before we leave (or after!). 
 
I am trying to set up some playdates for the boys while we are in China to give May May and Poppy a bit of a break.  My mom is taking the boys for a couple of nights, and then the girls for a couple of nights, so that should help too.  I need to come up with a backup plan if Poppy gets sick while we are away and they have to return to Ohio.  I think this part of adoption--getting ready to go and all the logistics with our large family--is by far and away the hardest part.  Well, except for dealing with USCIS, but don't get me going on that!   I'd rather work on my dossier anytime!

1 comment:

G and C said...

Joan!
Good for you - you got Josiah's video posted! I'm with you sister, trying to complete the to-do list before we leave. I'll pray for extra GRACE for both of us!
Love,
Cheri