Wednesday, August 29, 2007

We are leaving today!

 
Here are my saintly parents-in-law, Ruth and Chuck, who are watching our children for two weeks!


 
Our last dinner together before our trip.

Well, we are finally leaving. The bags are packed and by the front door, hopefully not too many things have been forgotten. Everyone is asleep except the family insomniac--me!! I did get about 5 hours of sleep which for me is pretty good on the eve of a big trip. Hopefully, I will sleep on the plane.

In the last 5 days, we have had quite a bit going on- a family wedding (hi, Jessie and Elliot, you newlyweds, you!), houseguests-my sister Alison, husband Jimmy, and their 4 kids, a birthday party for 5 of my kids (the 4 September kids and my poor little February boy who didn't get a party this year...), baseball tryouts, and who knows, I'm probably forgetting something, but you get the picture...

I would just like to thank all the wonderful people who helped make this adoption happen--our homestudy agency, Forever Families, our adoption agency, Small World, our great church family who gave us close to $6000 towards Josiah's adoption, my stepfather, Phil, who also helped us financially (and, Phil, we WILL buy a car one of these days...), and finally, Ruth and Chuck and my mom and stepdad who are taking care of our kids while we are away. Not to mention the assortment of friends and neighbors who will be shuttling my kids around and having them over for playdates to give Ruth and Chuck a break!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

Yah !

Can't wait to see you get him !

Have fun !

Charlotte
www.rachaeljanew.blogspot.com
PLEASE HELP RACHAEL HOME !